Building Permit Requirements
Building Permit Application Form
New Home - Stick Built
Site Plan showing all setbacks which most comply with Zoning Ordinance.
- Soil Erosion Permit from the Genesee County Water and Waste.
- Sewer and Water Permit from the Genesee County Water and Waste -or- Septic and Well Permit from the Genesee County Health Department if water and sewer are not available.
- A Curb and Culvert Permit from the Genesee County Road Department.
- A completed Building Application including all of the above plus a set of drawings.
Modular - Manufactured Home or Stick Built Home Brought into the Township
- Site Plan review before the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- 4/12 roof pitch or greater.
- Similiar with other housing units in the surrounding area.
- 2x8 or 2x10 floor joist construction.
- HUD or BOCA approval on the home.
- A minimum of twenty-four (24) foot wide.
- A minimum of 1000 square feet of floor space for a two (2) bedroom unit, and an additional 150 square feet for each additional bedroom.
- Manufacturer and engineering specifications for securing the unit to the foundation.
- Obtain Planning Commission approval. Submit three (3) sets of sealed drawings by an architect or an engineer.
- All of the requirments listed above for New Home - Stick Built.
Must provide an itemized list of everything that is being done to the structure to bring it up to code.